Canvas Medical is the electronic medical records (EMR) and payments development platform for healthcare. We build modern, elegant front- and back-end tooling to enable new ways for developers and clinicians to collaborate to solve healthcare’s toughest challenges. To support our rapidly growing client base, we’re looking for a Senior Recruiter to help us find the best Product, Operations, and Sales and Marketing talent to help us scale faster, ultimately making our platform better and more widely available.
As the person responsible for building the talent pipeline for our early stage startup, you’ll be instrumental in helping shape the culture of Canvas Medical as we continue to grow. In this Senior Recruiter role, you’ll be responsible for the full cycle recruiting for our Product, Engineering, Implementation, and Sales and Marketing teams. You’ll be expected to collaborate with our hiring managers to fully understand our talent needs. The ideal individual will have a high sense of urgency, handle multiple competing priorities and the ability to develop authentic relationships. Lastly, you will be passionate about identifying and nurturing a strong pipeline in order to support continued company growth.
What you’ll do in your role:
- Own full-cycle recruitment in partnership with hiring supervisors to define recruitment strategies, assess external/internal candidates against business needs, and apply interviewing techniques to assess for culture fit and knowledge
- Coach and influence hiring managers while collaboratively making effective hiring decisions and maintaining a high level of communication
- Gather, analyze and present information related to the supply and demand of talent, the labor market and compensation hiring trends, new sourcing avenues, and other relevant market data to help influence positive change
- Manage candidate engagement, while providing a positive experience and maintaining responsive communication, ultimately making Canvas Medical a preferred employer to our candidates throughout the recruiting process. Create a brand-worthy, inclusive candidate experience that helps us attract talent.
- Build, communicate and executive effective sourcing strategies and use research techniques such as direct sourcing, data mining, and networking to identify and attract a diverse slate of quality candidates both internally and externally
- Adhere to and provide guidance on internal/external laws, regulations, compliance standards, and HR policies and procedures related to maintaining compliance throughout the selection process
- Stay abreast of new recruiting technology that will drive efficiencies and eliminate waste and win more candidates
Positively influence change and company culture
If you’re successful in this role:
- You will have used extensive searches and database searches to identify high potential candidates and help Canvas to nearly double our team in the following year in the areas of Product, Implementation and Sales
- You will use your prior experience with CRM tools to establish scalable systems and processes in order to manage the talent pipeline effectively
- Employee candidates will report that they they had a favorable recruiting experience, even if they ultimately decided not to join the company
We were a fully remote team before the pandemic started and will continue to be after it subsides. We encourage people to do their work when and where they perform at their best. Because of this structure, strong written communication skills, time management skills, and personal accountability are very important to us.
While there isn’t a single set of credentials that will determine success, some of the experiences that might help you be successful in this role include:
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering and product hiring
- Proven success in hiring diverse employees
- Previous experience interviewing and assessing potential hires for technology positions and assisting with onboarding processes
- Experience recruiting for technical roles is highly desirable
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making is strongly preferred
- Previous experience developing and executing recruiting marketing and branding strategies
- Proficient in using company software and databases to connect with and reach out to potential candidates
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about the company
- Experience working with early startups a few times, and have deep networks
We provide health insurance reimbursement of $650-$1,900/month depending on family size via an ICHRA, a $1,000 home office stipend, 401k, three weeks vacation, and a 4 week paid sabbatical after 4 years of employment.
Apply for this Job
Form submitted successfully!
One of our team members will reach
out to you shortly via email.