Design new healthcare experiences using Canvas Medical’s Design System
With our eyes on building the digital infrastructure for care delivery, we at Canvas Medical are committed to creating deep partnerships with the teams innovating healthcare. For us, key to this commitment is providing transparency and empowerment to healthcare developer teams as an open platform - for engineering, for product, for design.
To deliver on this commitment for product design, we’re announcing our openly available design system, which you can find here. We’re excited for you and your design teams to start envisioning what you can build.
Features of the Canvas Medical Design System:
Within our design system, you’ll find a library of our standardized components. This library is:
- Constructed with modular components, so that your design is easily configurable and extensible
- Aligned with Semantic UI (React), our UI framework of choice and an industry standard
- Easy to use, easy to install, so you can build new experiences within minutes
- Multi-platform, so you have the flexibility you need to create your best work (compatible with Sketch, and Figma coming soon)
- Constantly maintained and updated, to scale and evolve as you do
What does this design system enable?
The overall purpose of design systems is hidden in plain sight in the name itself - they’re systems of design. They comprise of programmatic design components and standardized styles that can systematize the construction of design assets. The sum of these parts result in greater effects, namely:
- Speed of design: Duplicative creation of common design assets is eliminated and your design team can focus on exercising their creativity to create new concepts. Programmatic components will also lower the scope of work required from your front-end engineers.
- Collaborativeness of design: By raising the floor for design execution, you can ensure a tighter feedback loop across your design, product, and engineering teams.
- Consistency of design: Programmatic components ensure that component adjustments cascade across your whole user experience. The impact of this consistency will be deeply felt by your care team and your patients.
- Scalability of design: The above three factors result in your design team being able to consistently execute at scale. Your design components and overall user experience is consistent while flexible to change, while the overall design system provides unifying concepts for your team and becomes the function’s bedrock as it grows.
Designing for healthcare
Design systems are critical to any scaling tech organization, in order to accomplish a singular design “voice” and overall experience. For Canvas Medical, we find this especially critical, because we’re providing a foundational design system for healthcare. We’re designing not for a singular product, but for the healthcare ecosystem.
So we’re asking the tough questions - How do we create an EHR that is not only better than other EHRs, but actually well-designed in general? What should the future of healthcare experiences look like?
With our design system, you’ll be able to find our (constantly evolving, constantly improving) answer to those questions.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.